How Do You Fix The Blue Screen of Death? Windows 8 PC RepairMay 16, 2013 by Erin
How do you fix the blue screen of death you see right now after starting your Windows 8 PC? Most of the time, this serious error can be corrected right away. In fact, this blue screen often disappears when you shut down your computer and restart in safe mode.
A Short Blue Screen of Death Fix Guide
If you want to perform a blue screen of death fix, you can try one of several possible options for repair. It may take you a couple of times to get to the source of the problem. However, it shouldn’t take you very long if you at least have a few options for figuring out how to address this issue.
The First Step Towards a Blue Screen of Death Fix
One way to toward executing a blue screen of death fix for STOP 0x5C error is to first take some preliminary action. This may seem slightly obvious, but it is necessary.
To start with, you should complete some initial basic diagnostic steps:
- Restart your computer.
- Wait for your PC to reboot.
- Watch for the blue screen to return.
- If it doesn’t return, take other action.
Further Blue BSOD Solutions
If you do not see the blue screen of death after you restart your machine, you may still have PC issues. You might have to clean your computer’s registry or defragment your hard drive, or take other steps to improve its performance.
Blue Screen of Death Fix Options: How to Clean Up PC
Even if you restart your machine and you no longer see any blue screen or STOP error 0x0000005C message, your computer needs help. You need to maintain it properly.
- Disk defragmentation instructions-If you want to clean registry errors, this is one way to do it.
- Swipe with your finger or pull with your mouse from the upper right hand side of your touchscreen.
- Tap or click on “Search.”
- Type “optimize drives” in the search box.
- Hit “settings” with your finger or mouse.
- Click or tap on “defragment and optimize.”
- Click or tap on the drive listed that you want defragmented.
- Disk cleanup tool instructions-This is a way to mass-delete files you don’t need rather quickly.
- Swipe with your finger or pull down from the upper right hand corner of the screen.
- Tap or click “search,” and then type in “disk cleanup.”
- On the disk cleanup menu, hit “free up disk space by deleting unnecessary files” with your finger or mouse.
- Tap or click on the drive you want to clean.
- Hit “Okay” with your finger or mouse.
- Tap or click “delete files.”
You will need to seek advanced options for deleting only select files. However, if you do accidentally delete what you didn’t want to eliminate, you can go to your “Recycle Bin” to restore your files you removed.
Another Blue Screen of Death Fix Possibility
You can perform a blue screen of death fix using a registry cleaner. However, this usually works best if you have restarted your PC and your computer does reboot as normal.
- Obtain a registry cleaning software.
- Download this program onto your PC.
- Click on the software to install it.
- Once installed, run it.
- Begin the scan process via this program.
- Follow steps to identify errors and remove them.
After you are completed with your blue screen of death fix, you can prevent further Windows 8 problems. Just clean up PC errors often and update your machine regularly.
So how do you clean the blue screen of death the fastest? This registry cleaning solution usually is the fastest way to identify and correct all PC errors.