Please read carefully.
Boost Software, Inc. Sweepstakes Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. Please read the following rules. By entering the sweepstakes you are agreeing to the rules as set forth below.
Purchasing any product or service from Boost Software, Inc. (“Boost”) or any co-sponsor will not increase your chances of winning. This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest.
Eligibility: Boost Sweepstakes, Giveaways, Contests, and Promotions (“Sweepstakes”) are open to individuals who are lawful residents of the United States and eighteen (18) years of age or older as of the date of entry. Employees, consultants, contractors, officers, and directors of Boost, its co-sponsors, its affiliates, or its social media providers, including but not limited to Facebook (collectively, “Released Parties”), their immediate family members (regardless of where they reside), and those living in the same household of each (whether or not related) are not eligible to participate or win. Boost Sweepstakes are subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations. Boost Sweepstakes are void where prohibited or restricted by law.
How to Participate: Boost posts Sweepstakes on its social media pages and such posts include a Sweepstakes Description (“Sweepstakes Description”). Eligible participants may enter the Sweepstakes between 12:00:01 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) on the “Posted Date” and 11:59:59 PM ET on the “Enter by Date,” each referenced in the Sweepstakes description (“Entry Period”). The Sweepstakes Description will direct entrants to either: (1) post a comment on the Boost, or co-sponsor, if any, Facebook page; or (2) click through to an entry page on the website of a third party sweepstakes services provider and provide the requested information.
Limitation on Entries: Limit one (1) entry per person or one (1) entry per person per day as set forth in the Sweepstakes Description. Additional entries received will be void.
Boost reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to void any and all entries of an entrant whom Boost believes has attempted to tamper with or impair the administration, security, fairness, or proper play of the Sweepstakes or who is otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules. The use of automated entry or similar devices to participate or subvert the entry process is prohibited and all entries through such devices are void. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of any entrant based on an e-mail address, Facebook account, Twitter account, or Pinterest account, entrant will be deemed to be the “authorized account holder” of the e-mail address, Facebook account, Twitter account, or Pinterest account submitted at the time of entry provided he/she is eligible according to these Official Rules. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to the e-mail address, Facebook account, Twitter account, or Pinterest account by an Internet access provider, online service provider, social media provider, or other organization (e.g., a business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address, or assigning the applicable Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest account. Proof (to Boost’s satisfaction) of being the authorized account holder may be required by Boost.
Entries that violate any of the following will not be eligible for the Sweepstakes. Entrants shall not:
- use multiple Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest accounts to enter the Sweepstakes;
- re-tweet the Sweepstakes post or other related posts more than once, use Boost or Sweepstakes-related hashtags in unrelated posts, pin Sweepstakes rules, pin Boost or Sweepstakes-related items more than once, tag friends in a Boost or Sweepstakes-related post, share the Sweepstakes page on their own or a friend’s timeline, or otherwise participate in activity that might be considered spamming;
- upload, post, or otherwise transmit any information, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages, tags, or other materials (“Content”) that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful; or that is racially, ethnically, or otherwise objectionable; or that is harmful to minors in any way; impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent their affiliation with a person or entity;
- forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any Content;
- upload, post, or otherwise transmit any Content that they do not have a right to transmit under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as proprietary and confidential information);
- upload, post, or otherwise transmit any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or other proprietary rights of any party;
- promote or provide instructional information about illegal activities, promote physical harm or injury against any group or individual, or promote any act of cruelty to animals;
- make misleading or unsubstantiated representations about Boost, co-sponsors, or any Sweepstakes or prize; or
- endorse any Boost or Sweepstakes product or service without clearly and conspicuously disclosing the entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes.
Winner Selection: Potential winners will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received during the Entry Period. Such drawing shall be conducted on or before the “Winner Selection Date” set forth in the Sweepstakes Description. Winners will be notified by telephone, e-mail and/or postal mail on or before the “Winner Announced Date” set forth in the Sweepstakes Description. Winners may be selected by Boost or by a third party sweepstakes services provider. Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received. Limit one (1) Sweepstakes prize per person, family or household.
(1) Prize: For each Sweepstakes, one (1) winner will receive: the product or service described in the Sweepstakes Description. (The ARV for the Prize is set forth in the Sweepstakes Description, but shall not exceed US$5,000.) All prize details not specifically set forth herein or in the Sweepstakes Description are at Boost’s or the co-sponsor’s sole discretion. Other restrictions may apply.
Limitation of Liability: By entering this Sweepstakes, all entrants agree to release, discharge, and hold harmless the Released Parties from any claims, losses, and damages arising out of their participation in this Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes-related activities and the acceptance, use, misuse, or possession of any prize awarded hereunder. THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. Entrants agree that this Sweepstakes shall be subject to and governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and the forum for any dispute shall be in the state or federal courts located in Suffolk County in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. To the extent permitted by law, the right to litigate, to seek injunctive relief or to make any other recourse to judicial or any other procedure in case of disputes or claims resulting from or in connection with this Sweepstakes are hereby excluded and any entrant expressly waives any and all such rights. Certain restrictions may apply.
Collection of Information: Any information collected directly from entrants is being collected by Boost or its third party sweepstakes services provider and is not being collected by Facebook. By submitting information to Boost or its third party sweepstakes services provider you are consenting to Boost’s use of the information provided.
Miscellaneous: No transfer, assignment, cash redemption, or substitution of prize permitted except by Boost or a co-sponsor who may substitute the prize with a prize of comparable or greater value at its sole and absolute discretion. Winners are responsible for all income, federal, state and local taxes as well as any other costs or expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided. Non-compliance with any of the foregoing or these Official Rules, the inability to contact the potential winner within a reasonable time period, failure to return documents within the specified time period, or the return of the prize or prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and, time permitting, awarding of prize to an alternate winner, at Boost’s sole discretion, from among all remaining eligible entries. By participating, each entrant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and agrees that Boost, co-sponsor, and their respective designees shall have the right and permission to use (unless prohibited by law) entrant’s name, voice, address (city and state of residence), photograph, or other likeness for advertising, promotional, trade, or any other purpose in any and all media or format now known or hereafter devised throughout the world, in perpetuity, without limitation and without further compensation, consideration, or notification to entrants or any third parties and without further permission needed from entrants or any third parties. Boost reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, terminate or suspend this Sweepstakes (or any portion thereof) for any reason. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES IN ANY WAY, OR UNDERMINE THE CONTENT OR LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES, MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. IN THE EVENT THAT ANY SUCH ATTEMPT IS MADE, BOOST AND/OR ITS AGENTS WILL DISQUALIFY ANY SUCH ENTRANT AND RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) AND/OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY PERSON OR PERSONS INVOLVED IN SUCH ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY LAW.
Winner’s Name: For a list of Sweepstakes winners, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Boost Winners List.”.
Trademarks: Boost®, the Boost logo®, PC HealthBoost®, the PC HealthBoost logo®, PC SpeedBoost®, DriverBoost® Pro, the DriverBoost logo®, StartupBoost®, and DiskBoost™ are trademarks of Boost Software, Inc., in the United States, other countries, or both. Other company, product, or service names may be trademarks or service marks of others.
Boost Software: Boost Software, Inc., 75 Arlington Street, Suite 500, Boston, MA 02116.