To Speed Up PC Performance: How to Keep It CleanAugust 9, 2013 by Erin
If you keep your computer clean, you can speed up PC performance. This drastic improvement will help you complete all your projects on time.
“Help! My Computer Is Slow!”
Most people struggle with a slow computer occasionally. However, if your computer constantly runs slow, check it out. If you procrastinate fixing the issue for too long, you could damage your machine for good.
To speed up PC performance, make the following changes:
- Erase unnecessary desktop icons and start screen apps. Keep some shortcuts for convenience, but don’t load your screens with items you hardly ever use.
- Delete all old files and folders, and consolidate them. A file syncing service could quickly reduce the number of files and folders you have on your machine. Keep one copy of each folder on your hard drive and on a removable disk or in online storage. However, you don’t need ten versions of the same file sitting in your Documents folder.
- Remove programs you don’t use. Go to your Control Panel and uninstall all programs you haven’t run in a long time. You can also go to your program files and delete the folders, but make sure you know what you’re doing. Here is a simple guide to help remove programs in Windows 8.
- Wipe out your browser history. You can even configure your browser to automatically clear all your cookies, login sessions, and download history automatically. Still, you can assure yourself all evidence of where you’ve been online is gone if you manually do it.
- Keep as few programs running as possible. Close all web-based programs and desktop apps you don’t need to use right now. The more you have running all at once, the slower your computer speed will become.
- Close browser tabs of pages you’re not using. If you haven’t used it in over 15 minutes, chances are you can just close it for now. Don’t leave so many browser tabs open because it slows you down.
- Disable unnecessary browser add-ons. Turn off any extensions, plugins, or add-ons, if you’re not using them right now. It will speed up PC performance. You can usually do this from your Internet Options or browser Tools menu.
Update Drivers To Speed Up PC
All the above clean-up methods will accelerate your computer speed. However, so will making sure you install the most recent drivers. This will prevent screen freeze when playing video and you can also improve your sound card performance. Furthermore, you can more easily use any software you need for finishing work assignments.
How To Speed Up PC With A Registry Fix
Sometimes you can’t spend all day trying to clean up PC errors. You can fix your computer registry and speed up PC efficiency when you download, install, and run an automated registry cleaner.