You could experience slow computer performance for a number of reasons. Maybe it’s a virus, or perhaps you downloaded a program that’s not compatible with your machine. Someone could even be hacking your computer.
Before You Jump To Conclusions: Possible Slow Computer Causes
If you know what causes a slow computer, you can fix it easier. You also will panic a little bit less. Don’t just assume it’s a virus or someone is trying to steal data from you. It may be none of that.
Program incompatibility usually ends up causing your computer to run slow. You are advised to check the system requirements before you install the program. You also have to have enough memory and hard drive space, and your processor should be fast enough.
Furthermore, your PC requires enough RAM (memory) in order to install and run that program. Additionally, you need to know if the software you want to use will work with your operating system. Sometimes, you also may need to make sure you have the best video card installed.
Other reasons you may have a slow computer:
- You may be trying to run too many programs at once.
- Programs you try to run might conflict with one another.
- Your PC may have somehow scattered important software files.
- Too many changes were made on it when installing programs.
- You don’t have the correct version of Java or Flash installed.
- Running programs on a non-administrator account could cause this.
- You haven’t updated it in a while.
How to Speed Up PC: Helpful Slow Computer Fixes
Countless customizations you make could help improve the speed of your slow computer. For instance, you could adjust your color and display settings. If you’re not a graphic arts major or a website designer, you don’t need the color set at the highest resolution.
You can also make the following changes to your computer:
- Update your Internet browser. If you’re like most people nowadays, you use your computer to access online information quite frequently. Making sure you have the latest browser installed will speed up your PC. You also need to update it often.
- Turn on Windows Automatic Updates. Go to your “Control Panel.” Then, search for “Automatic updates” or similar phrase. You should see options that will lead you to the page were you can turn the updates on. Schedule them for a time when you can safely leave your computer on and let information download onto it automatically. Usually setting the updates to happen while they are sleeping what most people do.
- Clear out your browsing history. Tracking cookies from websites often slow your computer down. That’s because they are stored in a temporary folder. You need to get rid of these as often as possible to make your computer run fast again.
If You Want to Fix Your Slow Computer Fast
Sometimes your PC may need major repair. However, it only usually needs serious fixes from a technician if you have tried all you can do at home. You could save quite a bit of money when you learn how to repair common computer errors at home.
Using a registry repair software usually help remove critical errors that make it run sluggishly. You can install this kind of program within a few minutes, and then scan your computer. After that, you can very easily remove errors and fix your slow computer.